Chrono-Geno Nutrition Diet with Dr. Claude Chauchard - Blood type based weight loss method

Chrono-Geno-Nutrition Diet Forum

Questions on Chrono-Geno-Nutrition Diet

You too can follow this scientifically proven weight loss diet by Dr. Claude Chauchard

I am Male Female
My first name
My e-mail

FORUM: Questions on Chrono-Geno-Nutrition Diet

The CGN Standard Timing and Order of Meals

Dear All CGN Dieters,

According to the 1st pillar of the diet, Chrono-Nutrition, one must:

1. Keep meal at 4-hr intervals apart (Breakfast, Lunch, PM snack, Dinner)
2. Eat your meals in order

For the Phase 1 of the program which lasts for 2 weeks (no starch except for vegetables and oat bran) the order is:
- oat bran (with or without milk) - applicable for all phases
- protein
- fats
- vegetables
- dairy
- beverage

For Phase 2, where starch is gradually reintroduced, the order is:
- starch (rice, bread)
- protein
- fats
- vegetables
- dairy
- beverages

Everything clear? If not, discuss here!

Back to Forum

COMMENTS

oh! i'm on week 4 now and i just read this order of meals! i usually eat vegies first followed by starch, protein, fat, dairy and beverage. well, i should be reading the forum section more often to learn more about CGN diet. thanks!

Thanks for your response Ms. Charmaine!!! :D

Oops.. I missed this part:

- starch -(rice, bread)
- protein - Chicken breast
- fats - (already used in the chicken breast so no need to take this separately)
- vegetables - vegetable salad
- dairy - low fat soy milk
- beverages - tea

@ chabellsweet: Yes, exactly how you wrote it.

As I have said in my previous post in this thread, eating your meals in this order is not set in stone. Of course how we eat our food also depends on culture, but Dr. Chauchard explains why it can be more beneficial to eat our food in this order.

According to Dr. Chauchard's study, he prefers that after your rapid detoxification (Phase 1), all meals begin with a small portion of starch, whether in the morning, afternoon or evening. This is because starchy food absorbs digestive secretions. They help prepare the body to receive food in the stomach and the entire digestive tract properly. It ensures no acidity, no bloating and a guaranteed good expulsion of wastes.

Come Phase 2, you already have the starch for lunch so you have to eat it first then protein, etc. Have a little soup with the rice, or olive oil or a little bit of butter on the bread so you can tolerate it better.

Hi Charmaine, im in phase 2 now is this mean that we need to eat the set meal in order? Sometimes, I incorporate the chicken breast to my vegetable salad. Same with oatbran and low fat soy milk. Then I took the set meal for the day all at the same time not according to the above mention.

For Phase 2, where starch is gradually reintroduced, the order is:
- starch -(rice, bread)
- protein - Chicken breast
- fats - low fat soy milk with oatbran
- vegetables - vegetable salad
- dairy -
- beverages - tea :(

@ShiningLight: Simply follow the order of eating I mentioned here. It was written that way in the Custom Meal Plans as we just followed the usual pattern of writing down a menu.

Here's an online resource you can read about Chrono-Nutrition, purported by Dr. Delabos and supported by Dr. Chauchard. There's also a link to a journal with Dr. Chauchard's insights here:

http://nutrition.doctissimo.com/healthy-eating/healthy-dietary-choices/understanding-chrononutrition-7-key-facts-about-the-chrono-diet.html

Hi charmaine! Thanks for your response on the rationale of the timimg.

Aml a bit confused though. In Phase 2 meal plan, the custom meal plans under Bonus and suggested meals show the following order for lunch and dinner:

Vegetable salad
Protein
Starch ( brown rice)
Cooked beans / legumes for lunch and cooked veggies for dinner
Dairy
Tea,

So what do we follow? Eat the rice first, then the protein, then the veggies or as enumerated in the Meal plan? What scientific references can i read on Chrono Nutrition?

@ ShiningLight: I tried making a smoothie with psyllium, but it absorbs water fast, so instead of a smoothie, it resulted to a gel-like gunk. You can take the psyllium as you would normally do, and you can have a fresh vegetable juice after if you like.

Yes, that's alright. As long as you follow the Phase 2 meal structure.

@gepoy: It is normal that the weight loss is rapid during the first 2 weeks, but come Phase 2, it slows down. It doesn't mean that the diet is not effective anymore, but it takes time for the body to adapt to that new weight. On Phase 2, the goal is to maintain the weight you lost, and make room for a gradual and consistent weight loss of 1-2 pounds a week until you reach your target weight.

Other diets which promise a fast weight loss over a long period of time would be considered a crash diet, and this is unhealthy.

The key is to keep patient and maintain discipline with your diet. You'll see that each week, you will lose a pound and lose inches on other parts of your body.

@ ShiningLight: Good point there. Yes, actually how we eat our food also depends on culture, too. Eating your meals in this order is not set in stone, but Dr. Chauchard explains why it can be more beneficial to eat our food in this order.

According to Dr. Chauchard's study, he prefers that after your rapid detoxification (Phase 1), all meals begin with a small portion of starch, whether in the morning, afternoon or evening. This is because starchy food absorbs digestive secretions. They help prepare the body to receive food in the stomach and the entire digestive tract properly. It ensures no acidity, no bloating and a guaranteed good expulsion of wastes.

Once your body is ready, you can then introduce meat, which will trigger acid production, to digest it. It usually takes 4 or more hours to digest protein. During this time, it is best to introduce source of good fat and vegetables, which will help control the acidity of the stomach, as discussed in Dr. Chauchard's Week 5 Session "Long live vegetables".

Then you will have to introduce dairy, followed by beverages for good digestion.

To participate in these forum discussions, you have to be a member of the Chrono-Geno-Nutrition Diet with Dr. Claude Chauchard. You can start the Chrono-Geno-Nutrition Diet right now at an affordable price.

Already a member? Log in here.

Trust the Expert!

With Dr. Chauchard's guidance, you will be surprised how easy it is to lose weight with this method!

Stay Connected

The Chrono-Geno-Nutrition Diet in the Media. (Roll over to read)