Chrono-Geno Nutrition Diet with Dr. Claude Chauchard - Blood type based weight loss method

Chrono-Geno-Nutrition Diet Forum

Recipes

You too can follow this scientifically proven weight loss diet by Dr. Claude Chauchard

I am Male Female
My first name
My e-mail

FORUM: Recipes

Eating On a Long Schedule

Hi! As a working hands-on mom with a fairly busy schedule, sometimes I need to work long hours into the night. There are probably members here who can relate to this, and I understand that there are also members that work night shifts.

Is there a possibility that the CGN program can accommodate an emergency meal plan (or at least recommended snacks) for those with extended hours, like a late-night party or work shift, or a sudden trip elsewhere, just so we can stay on track with our health and nutrition goals? The extra activity and stress can make our bodies expend more energy than usual, but I don't want to waste my daytime efforts in sticking to the regular program by noshing on a late-night snack just because I'm hungry.

Right now I try to stave off late-night cravings/hunger pangs by drinking cups of warm water. But if there are better solutions for handling this -- I'm sure there are -- it would certainly be much appreciated by many of us.

Thanks! :)

Back to Forum

COMMENTS

@Carmela: You're very much welcome! I'm glad your frantic work schedule will soon be over. Take good care of yourself. Boost your immune system by drinking plenty of water (2 L a day/8 cups), eating your 70-72% dark chocolates, and eating fruit and vegetables loaded with antioxidants like citrus fruits, tomatoes and dark green leafy vegetables like spinach, kale, even kamote tops :)

• Posted by Catmela
    On 5/7/2013 10:40 AM

Hi Charmaine,

I started this thread because I had to work late for several nights last week and my son's cassava chips were trying to seduce me, and I was like, "No! No! NOOOOO!" :D

Today is the last leg of my frantic work schedule for this month and my 8-hour sleep resumes tonight. You're right -- it's already taken its toll on me with flu symptoms starting yesterday. I could only imagine the kind of health risks a regular night shift job poses to others.

Am glad we can snack on extra vegetables when needed. My main concern is keeping the immune system strong when the body has to go into overdrive. (The 70% cacao -- 72% actually -- and yogurt have already become staple items in my kitchen).

Thanks so much, I really appreciate your suggestions!

Carmela

Hi Carmela,

Interesting subject to discuss! On an ideal world, keeping awake on late hours of the night is not recommended, as your body follows the natural biological/circadian rhythm. There are specific hormones at work during the day and at night too. Being awake at night frequently will just create an imbalance of hormones. If this is happening for a long time, you are putting your body at risk to chronic degenerative diseases like hypertension, heart disease and diabetes.

In a 24-hour world that we currently live in, that is the price we pay. That is why we have increasing rates of those diseases as time goes by.

As for snack options, I suggest you to eat 2-3 squares of dark chocolate with AT LEAST 70% cacao. You can also nibble on raw vegetables: cherry tomatoes, cucumber, celery sticks or carrots. Other options include a handful of plain nuts and a cup of plain nonfat yogurt.

Charmaine

To participate in these forum discussions, you have to be a member of the Chrono-Geno-Nutrition Diet with Dr. Claude Chauchard. You can start the Chrono-Geno-Nutrition Diet right now at an affordable price.

Already a member? Log in here.

Trust the Expert!

With Dr. Chauchard's guidance, you will be surprised how easy it is to lose weight with this method!

Stay Connected

The Chrono-Geno-Nutrition Diet in the Media. (Roll over to read)